Technology Lead, Innovation
352 is an innovation and growth agency. We discover and define the problems that plague our clients using unconventional methods. We believe that Design is the practice of solving business solutions based on a well-defined problem, which means no matter what their role, everyone in our company is a designer. We know that experimentation and learning is the key to continually finding a great solution.
We know that the pursuit of the perfect idea, process, product or service is flawed. We help our clients by coaching and co-creating with them to create exceptional (iterative) consumer experiences.
Oh, we also build lovable digital products through code and develop killer go-to-market strategies to find traction.
Who we want.
We love passionately curious people who think of themselves as lifelong learners. They are humble, engaging, intelligent and our next best friend. They have strong opinions with open minds. They are proactive and entrepreneurial. They know how to take boldly and give graciously. Critical thinking is your sharpest tool and you’re able to think through the toughest problems.
You’ve had a ton of client-facing time and know how to discover the next big opportunity with the work you do to grow the business and create strong relationships.
We don’t believe that any process, method or idea is perfect or permanent, so we want people who want to bring change to organizations they join and who want to make impact with their work.
We don’t have.
An office cat. We’re working on it though. Ask Geoff about it in your interview, promise it’ll go well.
We are seeking a technology leader to join as an innovation “pod” member, a cross-functional team of wicked smart product managers, designers, researchers and business leads. We need someone who is passionate about creating, designing, prototyping and launching products, services, experiences and businesses.
This person will engage directly with real users, and work to uncover – and deliver – on unmet in-market needs. They need to be able to maintain a balance with desirability, viability, and a bring the feasibility element in order to rapid prototype solutions to big problems, and then get it to market. Their primary responsibility will be to determine the technology perspective “feasibility” of an opportunity and working with the team that’s creating medium to high fidelity prototypes to test with users.
The ideal candidate will have superior skills in prototyping tools, fast coding, agile and iterative development, and lean startup mindsets. And, should be comfortable sharing and evangelizing their ideas with the cross-functional team and getting feedback to get to a better outcome. They must possess a quick and keen understanding of past, current and future business strategy, development methodologies, technologies, design patterns, and current trends. The ability to communicate and influence solutions that best meet user needs and business objectives will be critical. They’ll be counted on for high-level, out-of-the-box thinking, the ability to clearly articulate the decisions behind executions, and analyze the results of testing, and recommend winning solutions.
This is a great opportunity for an innovative technologist to participate in a true user-centered approach to innovation in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, product or engineering, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, ideally with new digital products for consumers or businesses (big and/or small)
- Understands “Design Thinking,” or the user-centered design process in the creation of high fidelity prototypes
- Strong experience in rapid prototyping of ideas and solutions directly with consumers and customers and proficiency using design tools (Axure, Omnigraffle, Java, Angular, iRise, Axure and Bootstrap, etc)
- Strong experience with multiple operating systems, software languages. Experience with architecting and designing consumer-facing applications and services preferred
- Experience working with emerging technologies in prototyping and new product development roles
- Practices Agile application development, but can work in other processes, as needed
- Can clearly define the right problems to solve (“the what”) and ensure we have the right end-to-end solutions to solve them (“the how”).
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market, and applies knowledge creatively
- Demonstrates strong leadership and collaboration
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills, in all forms (presentation, verbal, written, etc.)
- Experience working within an innovation group and/or within an innovative product/technology company
- Provide technology, engineering, and development perspective on opportunities and ideas the innovation “pod” explores and designs
- Identify possibilities, probabilities and show stoppers, along with high level scoping
- Work with designers and researchers to create medium to high fidelity prototypes for testing and proof of concept (utilizing key tools or written code)
- Iterate prototypes quickly based on feedback from users and the team
- Develop workflow diagrams, site maps, and other artifacts that help to define the potential future of the opportunity
- Assist in evaluating third-party technologies and products forming a point of view on if and how to work with it
- Engage with in-house Client technology teams to identify connection points and ways to accelerate opportunities, as needed
- As opportunity progresses, support of development process, including requirements, multiple development methodologies, and testing processes
- Keep a pulse on technology best practices and key trends and anticipate where relevant companies, trends, and technologies might be going to inform opportunities and their development
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Up to 30% travel is required to be “in field” engaging with users
What You’ll Get
- Freedom: We trust you to do your thing and do it well.
- Professional Development: We set aside a conference budget because we want to invest in you. Got invited to speak? Even better.
- Benefits: Health and dental insurance provided, employer-match 401k retirement program, generous PTO policy and more.
- Everything starts with inspired people. Be curious, explore what’s new and work to get better every day.
- Teams do it best. Cohesive teams that take ownership create exceptional results.
- Embrace change. We move with agility and speed, and iterate based on what we learn.
- Show some grit. Sometimes it won’t be easy, but we’re determined to make it work, together.
- Be candid. Always tell it like it is in a supportive, respectful way.
- Celebrate wins. Small victories and big accomplishments are best when shared in good company.