Business Lead, Innovation
352 is an innovation and growth agency. We discover and define the problems that plague our clients using unconventional methods. We believe that Design is the practice of solving business solutions based on a well-defined problem, which means no matter what their role, everyone in our company is a designer. We know that experimentation and learning is the key to continually finding a great solution.
We know that the pursuit of the perfect idea, process, product or service is flawed. We help our clients by coaching and co-creating with them to create exceptional (iterative) consumer experiences.
Oh, we also build lovable digital products through code and develop killer go-to-market strategies to find traction.
Who we want.
We love passionately curious people who think of themselves as lifelong learners. They are humble, engaging, intelligent and our next best friend. They have strong opinions with open minds. They are proactive and entrepreneurial. They know how to take boldly and give graciously. Critical thinking is your sharpest tool and you’re able to think through the toughest problems.
You’ve had a ton of client-facing time and know how to discover the next big opportunity with the work you do to grow the business and create strong relationships.
We don’t believe that any process, method or idea is perfect or permanent, so we want people who want to bring change to organizations they join and who want to make impact with their work.
We don’t have.
An office cat. We’re working on it though. Ask Geoff about it in your interview, promise it’ll go well.
We are seeking a business leader to join as an innovation “pod” member, a cross-functional team of wicked smart product managers, designers, researchers and technology leads. We need someone who is passionate about creating, designing, prototyping and launching products, services, experiences and businesses.
This person will be responsible for determining the “viability” of opportunities throughout the design thinking-led innovation process, and also lead the development of the business case and business plan from first exploration to initial launch and commercialization.
The role collaborates directly with team designers and researchers to understand desirability; technologists to understand feasibility; and product managers and team lead to determine the business viability. They are responsible for bringing all pieces of an evolving business plan together in search for a cohesive, understandable and scalable business model.
- Diverse business experience, especially in innovation and the development of new products, new services, and building new businesses
- 10+ years of diverse business experiences with an emphasis on strategy, finance, innovation and product management, ideally with new digital products for consumers or businesses
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to explore business opportunities in a structured yet iterative way
- Ability to act as a change agent and align teams on new ideas and ways of working
- Strong financial and analytical skills and a proven ability to think strategically about customer needs, market dynamics and business impact
- Natural curiosity about people and customers and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong sense of urgency with a focus on testing, learning and failing fast
- Ability to clearly articulate the decisions behind your recommendations, as well as the ability to analyze the results of modeling and testing, and recommend winning solutions
- Undergraduate studies in business, marketing, product or engineering, MBA preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to problem solve, prioritize and manage multiple, parallel projects in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Lead the development of investable business cases and new business models: identification of market potential, product-market-fit strategy, establishing go-to-market strategies, estimation of potential revenues, costs, operational model and support strategy, distribution analysis and optimal scaling plans
- Accountable for creating dynamic business models through a data-driven process leveraging the expertise, methodologies and tools utilized by the team
- Leverage the Business Model Canvas and its components as a scorecard for the customer discovery process and foundational plan
- Identify and clearly articulate key business hypothesis and assumptions, and convert these to knowledge and facts to facilitate the innovation decision-making process
- Dedicated innovation “pod” member; collaborate with fellow product managers, designers, researchers, technologists, and finance leads
- Work with the cross-functional team and Team Lead to set business and product KPIs to measure and track success
- Collaborate seamlessly and successfully throughout the organization with support areas such marketing, sales, public relations, legal and compliance, as well as other groups
- Assist Team Lead with project management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Up to 30% travel is required to be “in field” engaging with users
What You’ll Get
- Freedom: We trust you to do your thing and do it well.
- Professional Development: We set aside a conference budget because we want to invest in you. Got invited to speak? Even better.
- Benefits: Health and dental insurance provided, employer-match 401k retirement program, generous PTO policy and more.
- Everything starts with inspired people. Be curious, explore what’s new and work to get better every day.
- Teams do it best. Cohesive teams that take ownership create exceptional results.
- Embrace change. We move with agility and speed, and iterate based on what we learn.
- Show some grit. Sometimes it won’t be easy, but we’re determined to make it work, together.
- Be candid. Always tell it like it is in a supportive, respectful way.
- Celebrate wins. Small victories and big accomplishments are best when shared in good company.